Yesterday the new (unofficial) Formula 1 posters went on sale and the response has been impressive, many thanks to you all for that. Here's an important update regarding Christmas posting dates, since I know a few of you are looking to order these as gifts for people.
Everything I send out leaves my hands via An Post, Ireland's national postal service. With Christmas being the busiest time of year for postal services worldwide it's important to send things out as early as possible so that they make it to their destination(s) on time.
With that in mind here are An Post's key dates for Christmas deliveries. Every poster that is order through the store is sent via Registered Post, as this is the right combination of security and affordability for sending things out. To save you the bother of sifting through their webpage here's the dates that each location needs to know about:
Latest Registered Posting dates for Christams.
- Republic of Ireland: December 19th
- Northern Ireland: December 19th
- United Kingdom: December 17th
- Europe: December 17th
- United States: December 6th
- Rest of the World: December 6th
Please note International mail delivery times are estimates and subject to seasonal or local postal operator delays.
On top of these notes here's a few things I've noticed when sending out posters in the past:
- An Post doesn't deliver on weekends.
- Most Post Officies have their daily collections in the evening, so anything I send out that day actually gets sent out the day after.
- Due to global timezone differences, any orders I get in the evening (GMT) I don't usually see until the morning after.
- I fly out to the UK on the morning of Friday, the 16th of December, as I'm working with Konami on an event that weekend.
As such these are the dates you need to order your posters by to ensure the best chance of getting them to your door before Christmas:
Please order your posters on or before these dates.
- Republic of Ireland: December 13th
- Northern Ireland: December 13th
- United Kingdom: December 13th
- Europe: December 13th
- United States: December 3rd
- Rest of the World: December 3rd
All things going to plan, if you order on/before the dates above, everything will work out fine. Please note that once the posters leave my hands and are being processed by An Post, they're out of my control, though each order will have a tracking number you can use to check the progress of delivery.
One last thing to add; I order my prints in limited print runs of 5 or 10 (to keep costs to a minimum so that I'm not sitting on large quantities of unsold stock). When they run out it can take a few days before the fresh ones arrive and are available to order. If you're on the fence about buying a poster I recommend you take a look at the quantities left in stock. Each product in the store has a little progress bar (example here) that gives an indication of how many are left. Once that empties the product is sold out and a fresh batch are ordered. if you want to avoid disappointment I recommend you order as soon as you're ready to do so.
Please take all of the above into consideration if you're ordering any posters as Christmas gifts. Hopefully the above information will be of benefit to you all.